Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter-ish Weather

I must say, the weather the last few days has begged for a cup of coffee, a warm blanket, and a good book.

I'm diggin' it.

Granted, the temperature itself does not reflect winter (staying around 50 degrees most of the time), but the look of the day has winter written all over it. These overcast days are among my favorites and I'll soak them up, hoping and praying that the next day brings the same.

Not having class has left me with a little more time on my hands, and when I say a little I mean kind of a lot. Working a little more has helped with that, but I can't shake that during-the-semester feeling that there's a paper to write or test to study for! Thanks goodness there's not.

Now with Christmas just days away, I'm working on getting into the spirit of things while not getting carried away by the commercial aspect of it at the same time. I plan on having a little night of driving around looking at Christmas lights and drinking carmel apple spice, courtesy of Starbucks, checkin' out the River of Lights, and with any luck making a crazy gingerbread house. It should turn out to be spectacular if even one of these things is put into action! My older sister is coming to town for a few days over Christmas and the madness that is 6 people over 18 getting their schedules to match up shall commence. Christmas Eve will bring Mahon family traditions of church and dinner out to be followed by watching A White Christmas and hoping that Albuquerque has changed it's mind and decided to join in the holiday fun by having a white Christmas as well. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment