Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIYs

Over the last two months, Daniel and I have been settling into our little rental home nicely. As newlyweds, we're not exactly rollin' in the dough BUT thanks to pinterest and a lack of school for the first time in the last 17 years I've taken to decorating on a budget. And when I say on a budget, I'm talking like dollar store and around the house odds and ends.

Mason jar vases with DIY felt flowers was my first endeavor.

Soon followed by my pictures frame sharpie/dry erase calendar.

Then my twine wrapped monogram.

And lastly my fall burlap wreath with more felt flowers (I have an excess of burlap right now...)

My next project is going to be dozy... simple rehopolstery tricks will hopefully turn my ugly goodwill/garage sale armchairs into extra, comfy seating for our living room. I think working part time and a lack of school has made me overestimate my craftiness, or maybe just fully embrace it.
I've gotta say, I'm diggin' this DIY crafty stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment