Thursday, May 10, 2012

Proverbs 31

"When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." - Proverbs 31: 26

That's what my mom was like. She spoke wisdom and instructions/criticisms were clothed in kindness.

With Mother's Day so close, she's coming to mind more often than usual. While missing her, I'm certain, will never stop and while sorrow still comes and goes, more and more of her character is seen and her impact on others has become more visible.

"Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." - Proverbs 31: 28-29

Remembering who she was as a wife, a mother, a friend, and a follower of Christ is inspiring and so encouraging. While it seems unfair at times and I miss her so much, I'm constantly reminded of the blessing I had in her for more than 23 years and the impact she's left on me, my family, and those around us. I want people to read Proverbs 31:26 and think of me when I'm gone, just like I think of her. I've never met anyone who better emobied the Proverbs 31 woman, and I'm so grateful for the example the Lord gave to me in her.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise." -Proverbs 31:30-31

1 comment:

  1. This I love. You are right that this passages describes your mom very well. Woke up thinking about you this morning my friend. Love you and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete