Friday, April 9, 2010

Gettin' close...

Wow! What a huge blessing! I'm excited to say that I'm more than half way there on my fundraising at almost $4,300! Thank you all so much for your financial support and your prayers for me in preparing for Namibia. Please continue to pray that I'll be able to raise the rest of the money needed by the middle of May. I also just got an e-mail giving me my travel itinerary so I'll be heading to Washington D.C. on June 25th for an quick orientation with my team and leaders and then we'll all be heading to Namibia on the 28th. We'll be leaving Namibi on August 3rd and I'll be arriving back in Albuquerque August 4th... those are going to be some long plane rides. :) I'm so excited to meet my team, and honestly, a little nervous since I wasn't able to meet any of them earlier this year at a conference preparing us for fundraising and certain specific travel guidelines. I'm sure that the six weeks we spend there are going to be so great, and completely blessed by the Lord. Thank you again for all your prayers and support as the Lord is preparing me and my team to represent Him in Africa. I can't wait to share all the things we'll get to do and experience while we're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment