Monday, April 26, 2010

No more fundraising!

I'm all done with fundraising! Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and financial gifts! I've raised all of my $6,400 for Namibia and a little extra! Now any more money that comes in will go toward any of my teammates who are struggling to get funds together, so if you were planning on giving it will still be used for the Namibia trip. I'm so excited that the monetary part of the trip is taken care of and that I'm that much closer to Namibia... only eight weeks until I leave! Ah! Being able to raise the money is not only an answer to prayer, but also an affirmation that the this trip is from the Lord and the it's definitely where He wants me to be for part of the summer. It was by the far the most overwhelming part of the preparations process, probably because I've never had to raise money for a trip and certainly never thought I'd have to raise quite this much! My faith is so small in these things but His provision is incredible!

The next step is an appointment at the Travel Center for all the crazy vaccines I need before leaving. I'm set to get them on Tuesday, the 4th. They'll have a list of what I need when I get there so I don't need to find them self (thank goodness), but they said there could be up to 9 or so that I need to get... Ick! Hopefully all will go well with that too and that won't end up being more than what was planned in my budget. Thanks again for everyone's help and support. It's a huge comfort and encouragement to know that I have so many people thinking of me and praying for me, so THANK YOU! :) "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will be done. Nothing will be impossible for you." -Matthew 17:20

1 comment: