Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A lot to digest

(Movie night with the team!) I've been back for exactly one week. The rest of the team came home today, arrived safely in the states and went their separate directions home. It seems like so long ago that I was in Namibia, but it's only been a week. I still miss the precious friends I made, but I'm starting to see now that I've been back for several days that the Lord is going to start helping me to digest everything I learned, saw, and heard while I was there... it's a lot of stuff. Going over journal entries from the last 6 weeks and quiet times, the Lord answered so many prayers and revealed Himself in so many ways. One in particular was in our team, as I've mentioned before, and how the Lord so enabled us to work together in an amazing way. Another was in the response the people had to us. Not every time, but more often than not each of us had a story at the end of the day of one person who we were really able to spend some time with and share the Lord with them. It was so encouraging to be able to see people be receptive to the Gospel. On top of that though, I felt like the Lord was really revealing more of the depth of His sacrifice to me in giving me opportunity to share it's Truth with others. The true relationship He desires with each person really came to light on this trip. It was a sweet time of refinement and refreshment in the Word. Not the easiest 5 weeks I've ever spent, since no one likes to see sin revealed in their lives but such a nice time of hearing from the Lord and being reassured of my life in Christ. (More stories and lessons learned to come :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment