Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicago

Happy New Year!

The last 4ish days were spent traveling and walking and talking and laughing and then walking some more. 6 of us Namibia travelers from the summer (and one who is living in Chicago) were able to get together for few days in Chicago to catch up and hang out. It was fantastic!

We spent a ton of time walking in downtown Chicago, and since one of the group lives in Chicago we had a perfect tour guide! I've got to say, even though it was FREEZING while we were there it was a blast! I'd never been to Chicago and being able to see some of it was so fun. The never-really-been-to-a-big-city girl in me came out. I've spent a little time in Denver, LA, Portland, and few other places but not a lot of time in downtown areas with so many skyscrapers. I couldn't have looked more like a tourist, BUT I did get a few goodish pictures!




We walked through Millennium park, where I must say I would love to see a concert, and that lead us to the much talked about "Bean" (I confess, I'd never heard of it before).



 Here it is, the much anticipated "Bean"


So great to see them again and be able to, in a sense, pick up where we'd left off almost immediately. Aside from filling each other in on all that is happening in our lives, it was like we'd spent a week apart rather than 5 months. We talked about our lives, relationships, the things the Lord is teaching/doing, plans for the next summer and coming years, and a good portion of time reminiscing about Namibia. I know I've mentioned it before in my earlier Namibia posts just how much community the Lord blessed our team with while we were there, and it was still as strong while we were in Chicago. Our only complaint was that the whole team couldn't have been there.

1 comment:

  1. So glad the Namibia reunion was such a great time and you had fun exploring Chicago! I would love to visit that city someday!!

    ReplyDelete