Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to Windhoek

Today is our last day in Katima. We spend the morning in a Secondary school teaching the abstinence program (Choose to Wait) that I think I had mentioned before. The students here are so hungry to hear about the Lord and so shocked to meet 13 young people who are committed to saving themselves for marriage. It's encouraging to talk with them and see how receptive they are to what we are saying. We've all really enjoyed Katima and the people here, and are so sad to leave all the kids at the Cheshire Home where we are staying. A lot of us are torn, wanting to stay and spend more time with the people we've connected with here rather than going back to Windhoek but are excited to go to the Universities there. BUT the Lord has a plan and we know that He'll do great things there. On our way back tomorrow we're going through an animal reservation and hopefull we'll come across some elephants, lions, giraffes and the like. I saw my first African elephant the other day and it was fantastic! :D I still don't have my camera cord so I can't post pictures yet, but I'll get on that once back in Windhoek. Again, thank you for praying and thinking of me and sending encouraging notes my way. I'm so glad to get them. I'll keep you posted on the latest African happenings... at least in Namibia!

No comments:

Post a Comment