Thursday, July 29, 2010

Change in Plans

The last 3 or 4 days have been CRAZY. I've ended up back in the State a week early because my mom got crazy sick and the doctors ended up doing surgery to remove a pretty hefty sized tumor they'd found from her intestines/colon. Once I found out what was going on my amazing team leaders stuck me on a plane and sent me back to be with my family. The surgery went well and they were able to remove the tumor. We still have a ways to go, so please continue to pray for healing and a speedy recovery from the surgery. With that said though, I had such a great time in Namibia and was sorry to cut it short. I loved everyday spent with the team and had so much fun while I was there. I'm going to keep this blog short so that I can FINALLY post some pictures! :D I'm going to post a few at a time because I have a lot! This is Fumane, a girl in Johanesburg who let the 5 of us stay the night at her apartment until we could fly to Windhoek the next morning. The guest house in Windhoek we stayed at. Our first shopping adventure... This is from a meat market we went to our first week in Windhoek, Namibia called Single Quarters. They slaughtered, butchered and cooked the animals right there. Parliment Park in Windhoek More to be posted in the next couple of days, with stories and the like! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment