Friday, June 3, 2011

The last week of May

During the last full week of May I went on a Cruise with my family and a few others to the Caribbean! It was the first cruise ever for my family and I while those who came with us were old pros.

We stopped at Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen. Crazy beautiful places. I kind of have a thing for the ocean.
our ship

It was a nice get away, but I was very ready to be back in Albuquerque by the end of the week. Cruises are lovely and I really did have a great time, but I've officially decided that I absolutely do not enjoy hot humidity. It's different if you're right next to the ocean gettin' that lovely sea breeze, but venture inland much more and I become a very sweaty girl after walking about 50 feet. I knew you wanted to know that.

It really was a great trip. Really fun family time and quality time with that guy I'm going to marry in 91 days... WHOA! (that's right, so prepare yourself for a few wedding posts in the coming weeks)

Speaking of marriage, my brother proposed to his girlfriend while we were in St. Thomas as Magen's Bay! He had us write out "Brooke, will you marry me?" in the sand, and then he walked her down the beach to where it was written and kneeled down to pop the question :) it was so sweet and she was seriously surprised. So it's looking like there will be more than one wedding for the Mahon family this year; they are planning on December! Here's a few picture of the proposal:





No comments:

Post a Comment