Friday, May 20, 2011

So I have these two friends...

Abby and Sarah.

I've known them for less than a year, but it feels like FOREVER. The good kind of forever.

Yeah, they're those kind of friends.

We met last June before spending 6 of the most hilarious, challenging, and valuable weeks I've ever had. Where are they now, you ask? Well, headed right back to Namibia for another 6 weeks, but this time on their own... I wish so badly that I could be in two places at once, doing the things I need/want to being doing at home and being back in Namibia with my sweet friends and the sweet people that were so welcoming while we were there.

Remember when I talked about Katima here and here? Well, that's where they will be until the beginning of July. They'll be staying at the Cheshire home while Abby works with the children there and in another orphanage nearby and Sarah does research for her thesis on HIV/AIDS in connection to high infant death rates and maternal care. They are going to do amazing things and I can't wait to hear/read about it (Check out Sarah's Blog and Abby's Blog). As of right now, they should be on their way to their Katima home, so pray for continued safety as they travel and that they would get there when expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment