Monday, August 15, 2011

18 Days

Are you sick of my wedding posts yet? Well, only 18 more days allow the opportunity for them (at least in the engagement stage of things, there will surely be at least one more after September 2).
The last months are a blur. The planning is done and now it's on to scheduling. My list of to do's has not shortened but has changed (many of those to dos ending with "finish paying for"), as I've crossed one thing off and added another to the bottom. One of the things I was able to cross off as of Saturday were our cookie mix wedding favors!
What i anticipated being a two, maybe three, hour endeavor took about five and a half. BUT with the generous help of three of my bridesmaids it went much faster than it would have had it just been me!
I will say that as I've had other friends in this same season of life, I found it much easier to help them plan their weddings than for me to plan my own. My emotions have gone a little haywire from all the planning, budgeting, spending, and other unexpected challenges that life seems so ready to throw your way when you're least prepared. I'm looking forward to the end of this short season of being engaged and on to the next adjustment of learning how to be married. Hoping to back out of the chaos a little and settle into what the new normal will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment