Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My little faith

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
-Psalm 6:25-26
Can I tell you something about my sinful and unbelieving heart? It's a doubting a heart. One that I pray so hard will immediately trust in the Lord when hard things come up, but so often my trust in the Lord is recognized and acknowledged after I've tried a few "good" ideas that will certainly help me out and be just as good.
Ha.
I must say, I learned a very humbling lesson this morning about the provision of the Lord and am so so grateful that my tiny, laughable faith was enough for Him to show me that I'm more important to him than the birds... however undeserving I am. In light of all the wedding madness and expenses and stress, I have only acknowledged how the Lord has provided but not truly praised Him and thanked Him for EVERYTHING. So He reminded me this morning, how big things seem to me are so quickly taken care of by Him.

"I will give thanks to God, I will praise you before all others."
-Psalm 138:1

1 comment: